Why plan an expensive trip this summer when you can book a staycation or road trip to one of the country’s hottest destinations? Whether it’s discovering your wild side, hiking the Santa Monica Mountains or relishing music under the stars, make the most out of the season with this LA Summer Bucket List.
- Visit an Ancient World – Modeled after an ancient Roman country house, the Getty Villa offers a taste of ancient life. Featuring four tranquil garden settings, a 450-seat outdoor classical theater, and a collection of over 44,000 antique treasures, explore the history of the Greece and Rome without leaving the comforts of the Palisades.
- Twilight Concerts – A favorite summer tradition, the annual Twilight Concerts at Santa Monica Pier returns July 9, Thursday nights 7-9pm through September 10. Click here for a full line-up. Get a front row seat or pack a blanket and enjoy the show from the sand.
- Wine Gone Wild – Spend the day sipping local wine with your fellow Angelino, Stanley the Giraffe at Malibu Wine Safari, a 1,000 acre vineyard and ranch just 30 minutes from LA.
- The Great Outdoors – Stay in top bathing suit shape by navigating the trails of Runyon Canyon. Choose from one of three hiking routes, Fuller Gate (easy), the Star Trail (medium), or the Hero Trail (difficult). What could be a better reward for reaching the top than stunning views of the Hollywood sign, Sunset Strip and the LA Basin?
- Eat. See. Hear – LA’s premier traveling outdoor movie series goes to rotating venues around the city. Screening cult favorites like Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Jaws, and Clueless alongside an expansive roster of delicious food trucks, this is a quintessential LA experience.
- Farm to Table – Let’s face it, nothing beats a good old-fashioned summer BBQ, especially when you have fresh, organic ingredients to whip up a tasty meal. Visit one of the fabulous outdoor farmers’ markets around town for the finest California-grown seasonal produce.
- Foodie Heaven – Food aficionados from all over Southern California will be heading to Los Angeles July 13-26 for dine L.A. Restaurant Week. With pre-fix lunch and dinner menus, it’s the perfect opportunity to try those “bougie” restaurants your wallet has been resisting.
- Music Under the Stars – Kicking off the season at the Bowl, Journey will play alongside the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra, followed by a spectacular fireworks display. If you prefer to sing the tunes yourself, get tickets for the Sound of Music Sing-A-Along. Click here for a full schedule of shows.
- Refreshing Sweet Treat – Cool off with a delicious indulgence at the Ice Cream Lab. A place where you can create a delicious experiment, the LA based shop serves up made-to-order liquid nitrogen ice cream.
- Historic Estate – Built in the late 1920s by oil tycoon Edward Doheny, Greystone Mansion cost over $3 million to construct—an unimaginable sum in that day in age. Now a historic landmark open to the public and dedicated park, its picturesque grounds represent unmatched grandeur.
What’s on your LA summer bucket list?